1/08/2018

New Year Sewing Resolutions

It's going on the 4th week since I posted! I think it's time to get back to the laptop.

My husband and I celebrate the Christmas weekend with family and friends.
New Year's weekend we visited our daughter and SIL and helped them with some home improvement projects. A few hang-ups made each them longer projects than expected.

I pondered New Year sewing resolutions.
In the past few months, some quilters I follow have written about many of the same thought I had.

One of the most mentioned was social media. While I enjoy exploring Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and the internet for quilting/sewing ideas, it sure takes TIME! I enjoy sewing! I have a great stash of fabrics (maybe too much) to use for projects. I have a many project ideas in my head. I still have a house to keep tidy and clean. I want to enjoy the company of friends. So:

  • I'm want to sew more; posting on Facebook and Instagram when a project is done. These are quick and easy in my opinion. I want to blog once a week, unless there is a special in which I am participating. (I know there might be a few times I post out of that week.)
  • I am going to set a timer for 30 minutes daily with social media searching. I might find an online BOM that will interest me, but I have quilt ideas to make. I'm going to use my time to put MY designs to paper.
  • I'm going to go through that fabric stash, use what I truly like, and send a good amount out the door. Scraps are unnecessary to keep and saying goodbye to them will free up a good 12 feet of storage space. 
A collage of  my sewing progress for the last week:






3 comments:

Susan said...

Good for you, Nancy, for getting rid of scraps! I feel the same way. I have a friend interstate who I send some to, and others I de-stash on a FB page! Sew what you love!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Great resolutions :) I think social media really does take a LOT of time from things we'd actually rather be doing. I like your 30 min timer idea :)

Barb said...

I like the one where you are going to set the timer. There are so many wonderful things to learn and explore but you are right it takes time and I want to sew.