1/12/2016

Art Quilts


Val's Quilting Studio


I am joining in the Tuesday Archives Linky at Val's Quilting Studio. Today's theme is Art Quilts. I have made one page with my past posts. Thank you Val for a venue to share with others what I have made. Perhaps you will glean some inspiration from some of my works. Email me if you have any questions. Thanks for visiting. 


FABRIC LANDSCAPE PANELS COMPLETED (Full post HERE)


Miriam and I finished stapling the fabric panels to the wooden frames. Here is what the finished piece looks like. 



I kept a bit of the floor lamp and rug in the photo to give you an idea of the size. Each panel is 51" high and the center one is 40" wide. The other two are 35" wide. We will have 2" between each panel when it is hung. 

MINI LANDSCAPE FROM AQS CLASS (Full post HERE)

have to post a photo of the 5" x 7" mini landscape I made in Lenore Crawford'sclass on the last day. She calls her technique Mini Blended Fabric Collages. It is a mosic technique. The fabric is cut and repositioned just over the piece next to it. Everyone in the class had a blast...and we all went away with a project we were proud of. Now to mount it.


SCRAPS PUT TO USE (Full post HERE)

I can't throw away most scraps. So from the projects I have been doing, I am usingAngie Padilla's suggestion of turning  them into fabric collages. (She has lots of other ideas for scraps at her website.) So I lay them on a batting scrap near the cutting table to be sewn and then cut into inchies, made into a cosmetic case, etc. Presently, I am making a tiny landscape in the style (and I use that word loosely) ofAnn Loveless, from whom I took a class a few years ago.


LANDSCAPE WORKSHOP (Full post HERE)

Today I attended a workshop taught by Ann Loveless.  The Tall Pine Quilters Guild had her come.  She taught us how to make a lake collage wall hanging.  By the time the 5 hours were up, we had the sky, water and sandy beach done.  The next step was to add the trees and ground details.  I took 2 hours more before the guild meeting to add the trees, leaves and begin the grasses.  Here is my progress up to this point.


Ann spoke at our guild meeting that night.  She had a PowerPoint presentation showing her studio and how she makes her art quilts.  She described her three styles.  I returned home very excited to finish my project.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

This is wonderful. Stopping by from Val's Quilting Studio.

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Every one of these pieces is just spectacular thanks so much for sharing on Val's link.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Beautiful work! I've always liked Lenore's quilts.

Nancy said...

And she made it so easy to replicate her technique.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

OMG!!! So much creative fun!! I never thought of creating a mosaic with fabric....now you have me thinking....:)