10/14/2015

Quilting is Off the Cutting Table

The quilting retreat I attended was great. This is a new group that was formed this past spring by a friend of mine who wanted to get Michigan quilters together. We have a Facebook group of over 700 Michigan quilters!
There were 65 quilters working in 3 different areas of the Kettunen Conference Center. 


The space was well-lighted with lots of room to work, we had very good meals, and great fun. 




I looked forward to seeing my long-time friend, Kathi, who I haven't seen in a few years. 


But, I had no idea Bev would be there, sewing at the next table!


The first night we were treated to a beautiful sunset.


The projects I took needed binding while 
others were somewhere between started and partially done.
My goal was to get them off the cutting table. 

For those of you who followed the 2015 EQ Seasons Row Along, 
my first and most important item to finish was the "Welcome Spring" wall hanging 
I sewed the binding and glued the rick rack, flowers and beads to the fence. 



I put the binding on the "Peeking Snowman" wall decor. 
The ladies really liked this project. I am sure it was the snowman 
I used from Marian's Row Along block that made it a hit! 
It went home with my daughter for Christmas decorating. 
I put triangle pockets in the top two corners 
so that a dowel can be put in them and used as a hanger. 


The "Eye Spy" quilt is bound and ready for a relative's new baby. 



And the project I finished today was 
a doll quilt for my daughter's friend, 
matching the quilt my daughter made and gave as a baby gift last winter.
(Scraps must be used, that's my motto.)




Thank you for stopping and looking. 
It encourages me to share when I know there will be visitors to my blog. 
What will you finish this week? 

No comments: