1/20/2015

Tuesday Archives with Val

I am condensing a few of my blog posts into this one Tuesday Archives at Val's Quilting Studio today. The theme this week is Modern Quilts. 

Now, I subscribe to the newsletter for the Modern Quilt Guild; but I am still trying to wrap my head around the concept. I look forward to the local guild meeting where we will have a speaker talking about What is Modern Quilting. But in the meantime, I am doing a few quilts that I think fit the modern look.

In December I finished my Rings Quilt. The idea came from Missouri Star Quilt Company's video. This was a very easy pattern to work up and I am so pleased with the colors. Michelle did a fantastic job on the quilting with pebbles in the centers of the rings and swirls in the blue rings and the border. It is just a bit larger than a lap size.



I would put this Quilt of Valor into the category as well. I began this a few years ago. It is finished and only needs a label. Our guild gathers the Quilts of Valor at a showing we have in July and then we send them to the organization.


And the final quilt that I will call "modern" is my 12" x 12" Urban Lights quilt.


It was made for the November 2014 challenge reveal of the Four in Art Challenge group to which I belong. You can read about the process HERE.

Thanks for visiting. Be sure to check out all the other quilters who linked up this week for the Modern Quilt theme at Val's. 

I am always happy to read your comments. I try to respond to them as soon as I can, so feel free to leave one. 

2 comments:

Julie said...

I like your use of blues in your Rings quilt. While it's still monochromatic, I can see the depth. Clean and beautiful.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I'm glad you condensed them altogether....I love the simpkicity of the RIngs Quilt but love that little red hexagon..such a rebel! :LOL!