1/13/2015

Medallion Quilts on Tuesday Archives Linky

Medallion quilts are the feature of Val's Quilting Studio Tuesday Archives Linky. 

I looked through my past blog posts and found that the few medallion quilts I had written about were scattered like leaves over the Patchwork Breeze Blog; so I have condensed them here. 

I start with the 9/1/14 post of the quilted pool table cover I designed in EQ7 (find the EQ link HERE. 

"Our next stop was about 30 miles away in Paradise, Michigan, the Wild Blueberry Capitol of Michigan and the gateway to Tahquamenon Falls. We had our lunch packed so we stopped at the mouth of the Tahquamenon River to eat and enjoy a view of Lake Superior. We were off to Village Fabrics & Crafts. 



The shop has many woodsy and nature fabric selections as well as flannels and fun children's prints. There is pine paneling inside and so many quilts on display. They have a nice room for sewing and lots of embellishments for the artistic quilter. I could not pass up the Row by Row kit of a bear and moose in the blueberries. I also bought fabric for a blueberry muffin table runner and some Angelina sheets.


It was here that my husband found a fabric panel a few years ago when we stopped that he asked me to make into a cover for his pool table.He really likes and appreciates it.  This is how it turned out. (Hard to get a full photo of a large cover like this.)



From my 4/22/14 post I have 3 to show: 

Another quilt I designed has hearts as the border. I wanted it to have the appearance of a postage stamp.

I designed this footprint baby quilt to use the bear
fabric as the outer border. I have the pattern for sale
at Patternspot.com

The final quilt for today is my 30s Reproduction
fabrics with a center panel of kittens in a basket.
This was for a guild challenge using 30s prints.
While I thought it was great, there were others
even more spectacular.

Thanks for visiting, visiting the linky blogs and we all like to read comments, so don't be shy, say hi and tell us what you think. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both pool table and kitty panel quilt have colors that work well with the panels. It is a fun short cut, isn't it!

Anonymous said...

I love the pool table cover. Great job!

Kate said...

I've never seen a quilted pool table cover, very clever. You have some very fun medallion quilts in your portfolio.