2/14/2014

Some Quilting Love

Happy Valentine's Day

I thought I would pass on wishes of quilting love to everyone by posting a few photos of some of the Heart- and Love-themed quilts I have done over the years.


"Surrounded by Love" pattern available
soon via Patternspot.com (Pattternspot is no longer

in business.)
"Path of Love and Peace" quilt
designed for The Quilt Show Challenge Big Love in 2010.


"Water Color Heart" finally quilted in 2013 after
sitting in a box for 8 years!




"Love You" wallhanging designed for my
daughter's dorm room. Pattern available
at Patternspot.com.

"Storm at Sea" sure has a Valentine color theme! This I made using
the Square in a Square technique for a class I taught in 2013 at
The New Ewe.

My paper piecing pattern from PaperPanache's MysteryBlock #64. Find free mystery paper piecing blocks
free for one month on this site plus LOADS of
other patterns to purchase.

A quilt top made in 2012 using pink and purple scraps and a pattern I
received in a magazine subscription offer (don't remember
which magazine, but many of you may have had the same pattern
delivered to you). The top went to the quilter and now is awaiting
the binding. A gift for a friend's daughter. 


"Sweet Chocolates" was my own wall hanging design made in 2007.
The white represents the sections of the box that the candies
set in. They are squares folded diagonally, sewn into the
corners of the candy fabrics and then rolled outward to create a
curve so the candies are not so square looking. The sashings
say it all.


Finally a Row Robin organized by the 
Tall Pine Quilters Guild back in the early 2000s. 
My block was the top fan section. I chose the colors and was 
glad that another member made the hearts. The log cabins in the middle 
are really houses. They don't show up well, but the create a sort of heart shape
over the baskets. I hang it in my hallway each year. 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY 
AND 
HAPPY QUILTING!

4 comments:

tubakk said...

Lovely quilts you've done. And your bunnies are so lovely. I got mine today, and you may see him in a blogpost today, looking for the spring in Norway. Thank you so much.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh I especially love your Pathes of Peace and Love! I"m so glad you emptied your archives and shared! I added myself as a GFC follower...Nice to meet ya Nancy!

Béa said...

A lot of beautiful quilts !

MegsAnn said...

I love your love quilts! My favorites are the flower and the dorm room wallhanging. www.quiltartbymegan.com