11/13/2013

Quilt Along Blocks and Nativity Trees

About 2 weeks ago I told Bea of beaquilter.com that I would join her and others in a quilt along. I would be using scraps and sewing the units as leaders and enders of the projects I am working on. Well, I had loads of scraps. This is going to be a very scrappy quilt. Here is what I have done so far. 




Oh, by the way, I could not simply sew these as leaders and enders. I went ahead and made 12 blocks at one time and then worked on the others. These are not necessarily the way I will put them all together. 

I also joined the Nativity in the Trees - Quilt Along which Polly is leading. I stayed up a little too late last night going through my scraps to find greens! I found some already cut into strips and others that can be cut in half for some of the widths called for. Of course, I had to start sewing some last night. Needless to say, I am running on no energy today. Might have to leave the sewing for a nap this afternoon. 

Are there some other sew alongs, you are particpating in prior to the holidays? 

No comments: