4/06/2013

A Video of HST Construction

In my emails today I received one from Nancy's Notions.  The first line read: "Discover 3 fast and easy ways to make perfect half square triangles."  Well, coincidence that it was (since I have been working with HST blocks of late) I clicked it and found a good video showing three techniques, each using a product, to make the blocks.  None the less, it reminded me of Thangles for making HST blocks. I used them long ago when a local quilt store was having a Thangles Block of the Month--long before the Triangle Papers from Edyta Sitar were available. The nice thing about them was that one can use smaller strips of leftover fabric, so the blocks are scrappier. 

Here is the link if you would like to see what Nancy Zieman has to say.

I am working on cleaning up my sewing area and desk after having sent in the book proposal. Then I can get working on the next project, which is a mini quilt swap project which was organized my Michelle at Quilting Gallery.  It is called Dreaming of Spring Mini Quilt Swap.  This is the first time I have participated in a swap or exchange outside of the quilt guild.  I think it should be fun.  The toughest part for me was choosing my fabrics.  I have them and I am ready to start. 

A statement came across Facebook today (that I hate to admit applies to me), and maybe many of you have seen it, but: 
"Quilting is my passion. . .chocolate comes in a close second."
And with that I wish you happy quilting.

No comments: