2/24/2013

Works in Progress

February 24, 2013

I couldn't stand seeing this forlorn bolt of fabric at The New Ewe being ignored with its true potential unseen by so many sewers. I knew I have to take it to new heights, so yesterday I bought 2- 5/8 yards of the Windham Fabrics Delft Collection brown.


I had always seen this as Stack N Whack stars.  So I cut half the fabric into diamonds to construct 8 pointed kaleidoscopic stars.  I over-cut the dark brown background fabric so the stars could be trimmed to make "perfect" 12-1/2" blocks. Here are the first four:


I am going to place them in a layout design from the book, Circle of Nine, by Janet Houts and Jean Ann Wright.

The New Ewe is participating in the Spring Shop Hop March 11-16.  I have been preparing for my part in demonstrating of new tools and techniques during these days.  Exciting things to see! 

I have my classes scheduled and the samples made.  Here is my newest Stack N Whack class sample--Fans!  Fun and E-A-S-Y!  Not hard at all. March 8 or April 17.



Another class is using the Square in a Square ruler.  It's been over 15 years since I have used mine, but so much potential for quilt designs.  This is a 24" square table topper. 





No comments: